HKUST Library E-Discovery Week: Learn, Search, Win
20 – 24 February 2017
A Great Success
The Library E-Discovery Week concluded with a great success. Over 150 staff and students took part in the twelve E-Resources Training Workshops. The E-Discovery Challenge on February 22-23 attracted over 600 participants to take the quizzes and visit our exhibition booths. All valid quiz submissions were entered into a Big Lucky Draw. Participants found the E-Discovery Week activities engaging and useful.
A prize presentation ceremony was held on March 8 at the Library Gallery. Our Lucky Draw winners received the prizes from Ms. Diana Chan, University Librarian.
Congratulations to all prize winners! Thanks again to our e-resources vendors for their generous sponsorship and support!
Photos of the Prize Presentation Ceremony
Photos of the E-Discovery Challenge
Photos of the E-Resources Training Workshops
Lucky Draw Winners
A Week of Learning & Games
Mark your calendar! HKUST Library E-Discovery Week will take place from February 20-24. It aims to promote awareness and knowledge of quality electronic resources amongst HKUST staff and students. Take part in our activities to enter a Lucky Draw. You may be one of the winners of these exciting prizes!
What are the Activities?
To enter the Lucky Draw, you can take part in the E-Discovery Challenge and/or join any of the training workshops.
Exhibition Day and E-Discovery Challenge on February 22 & 23
- Visit our E-resources exhibition booths at the Library Gallery (G/F) on February 22 10:00am to 5:00pm and February 23 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Learn about the resources and take the E-Discovery Challenge by completing a paper quiz distributed on site. Booth owners and library staff will gladly assist you if you need help.
- Challengers must verify their answers with the booth owners before submitting their completed quizzes for the Lucky Draw.
E-Resources Training Workshops from February 20 to 24
- 12 workshops will be held to introduce smart searching of various E-resources. These E-resources are thoughtfully chosen to balance the subject interest of all Schools.
- Complete a short quiz at the end of each workshop to enter the Lucky Draw.
- The more workshops you join, the bigger chance of winning!
- Venue: E-Learning Classroom B (LG1, Library)
Seats are limited, please register online at: http://library.hkust.edu.hk/ce/.
|February 20 (Monday)||10:30 – 11:45||OECD iLibrary – Economic Research & Analysis|
|February 20 (Monday)||16:00 – 17:30||CDMNext – Country, Economic and Industry Statistics|
|February 21 (Tuesday)||13:00 – 14:15||Westlaw – Portal for Legal Research|
|February 21 (Tuesday)||15:00 – 16:30||HyRead Chinese E-Books|
|February 22 (Wednesday)||13:30 – 14:45||Find High Impact Research Literature with Scopus|
|February 22 (Wednesday)||15:00 – 16:30||CNKI 中國知網電子資源|
|February 23 (Thursday)||11:00 – 12:15||Improving Research with Web of Science|
|February 23 (Thursday)||13:00 – 14:30||Find Chemical Information with SciFinder|
|February 23 (Thursday)||15:00 – 16:15||Knovel – Engineering Handbooks|
|February 24 (Friday)||12:00 – 13:15||IEEE – Effective Searching and Quality Publishing|
|February 24 (Friday)||14:00 – 15:15||Find News & Business Information with Factiva|
|February 24 (Friday)||16:00 – 17:15||RefWorks – Your Writing Companion|
Sponsors and Trainers
The Library gratefully acknowledges the generous support of our sponsors and trainers:
Rules and Eligibility
- This event is open to all current HKUST students and staff (except library staff).
- Each participant can only submit one completed quiz for E-Discovery Challenge. The same participant can also submit up to 12 end-of-workshop quizzes. All valid submissions will be entered into one big Lucky Draw.
- The Library reserves the right to make final decisions on the award of prizes.
Presentation of Prizes
Winners will be notified in due course to collect the prize in person. A presentation ceremony will be held on March 8, 1:00pm@Library Gallery.Go Back to page Top
last modified 02 April 2019