The Library’s 2020-21 Annual Report on Teaching and Learning had two practices cited as “exemplary”.
1. The Library hired three students to run the Library’s Instagram (IG) account for 6 weeks.
Students worked out the topics with the Library, researched on the materials and posted relevant information to the IG (focused mainly on the Music and Costumes Exhibition and library services and projects). The results included:
- Student helpers got involved with the Library’s activities and shared new knowledge with their friends
- Learning new skills for their personal development.
- Raised the Library’s IG profile, making its activities and resources more relevant to HKUST students as a whole.
2. Library staff utilizes E-Resources Usage Reports to make well-informed renewal decisions (e.g., cancelling seldom used titles).
This replaced manual data collection process of previous years.
- The automation was done by setting up a SUSHI harvesting function in Alma, the integrated Library System.
- All SUSHI-compliant publishers now auto-feed usage reports to Alma, saving substantial staff time and effort. (LIB Report)