SciDataCon, part of International Data Week 2022*, will be held on 20-23 June 2022 in Seoul.
With the theme “Data to Improve our World“, SciData has put out a Call for Sessions. Each session will be 90 minutes, and should fit into one of the themes, summarized below. Proposals are due February 14, 2022.
- Data and Research: Data issues in relation to major research questions. This can include, for example, the availability, findability, accessibility, interoperability, and reusability of data in different fields of research; etc.
- Data Science and Data Analysis: Frontier scientific, technical, and epistemological challenges associated with data in research.
- Data Stewardship: Advances in sustainable, long-term data stewardship. This could include good practice, organisational and institutional aspects, and topics related to the FAIR, TRUST, and CARE Principles.
- Policy and Practice of Data in Research: Data policies and practices, as well as the role of data in scholarly communications.
- Data and Education: Educational and training responses to the digital revolution.
- Data, Society, Ethics, and Politics: The broader dimensions of data and data-driven research in relation to society.
- Open Data, Innovation, Industry and Development: The interactions among industry, innovation, and data.
Sessions can be of many types: presentation of research, presentation of good practices, lightning talks, workshops, panel discussions, or more.
Session Proposal Submission: https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW-2022/submit/
- Session proposals are due February 14, 2022.
- Selected sessions will be notified by 1 March 2022.
- The Call for Sessions will be followed by a general Call for Presentations.
- Call for Presentations opens on 1 March 2022, with a deadline of 31 March 2022.
* International Data Week (IDW) is a landmark event organised by the Committee on Data (CODATA), the World Data System (WDS) of the International Science Council (ISC), and the Research Data Alliance (RDA).
– By Victoria Caplan, Library
Hits: 155Go Back to page Top
published December 21, 2021
last modified March 11, 2022